"Somewhat surprising, the most avid consumer of online games is the 25-45 year old female demographic"
It is true that everyone is usually very surprised about the casual gamers demographics. People assume that gamers are male teenagers hungry for violent games.
I was recently looking at the Second Life demographics (it is great that they are so open about their numbers, one can even download the full excel sheet) and casual gamers (including the ones on cafe.com) are exactly the same type of people. Here are some key facts about SL:
- Only 28.7% of users are 24 or younger.
- The majority, 71.3%, are 25 or older.
- The average age is 33 (Jan, 2007).
- The two major countries: US and France
- 41% of the users are women